Latest news, Entertainment news, Hot celebrity gist, Lasgidi exclusives, you ought to be wise, oh yes! Financial tips

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Am A Firm Believer In Women, Supporting Other Women -Lola

050414F.Lola-Ogunleye.jpg - 050414F.Lola-Ogunleye.jpg 
Fashion stylist, On Air Personality, Lola Ogunleye who is based in the US has been so gorgeous and most celebrated stylist... In a recent movie she acted, the OAP, broke grounds both in Nollywood and Hollywood according to her gifted term. Lola has been part of several fashion show and exclusive Red carpet events from around the world; USA, Canada and Africa. And now owns her Television Show, "Kairos Moment". She spoke to ThisDayLive.

As a stylist, how would you describe your relationship with Hollywood celebrities?
My relationship with my clients is cordial. Most recently, I had the opportunity to work with Malik Yoba, who is the lead actor of the Tyler Perry Movie Titled ‘Why Did I get Married’ and The legendary Tommy Lister. However, I see all my clients as celebrities; because I celebrate all of them.  I hope to work with many more entertainers - people like Oprah Winfrey, and Tyler Perry. When it comes to fashion, the list is also endless. I must add that I am also investing in working with people who are not celebrities but who have great sense of vision and passion for success. Here at home, I commend Mo Abudu on the tremendous work she has done thus far with Ebony Life TV. I am a firm believer in women supporting other women. Although my first degree is in a science discipline, I always had passion for arts and entertainment industry. It has always been at the back of my mind to return full time into the industry.

What’s your television show called Kairos Moments all about?
Kairos is a Greek word that defines the realization of a dream. Therefore, this show will inspire the audience to recognize their opportunity and bring their dreams to fruition. Listening to successful people, professionals, artisans and all who have succeeded in what they do will give the same opportunity to other listeners who will pick up one or two things from interviews aired. Most opportunities are missed because, people are either unable to recognize their ‘Kairos Moments’ or they are too discouraged to rise up and forge ahead. The joy of learning about a breakthrough in one’s life while being entertained is a priceless feeling that we intend to pass across through the show.


Apart from fashion and broadcasting, what else do you do?
At present, Kairos Moment Show is my focus. However, I am an avid reader, and I am always seeking to advance myself by ensuring that I keep myself abreast. As such, I attend appropriate seminars.

As a lady blazing the trail in fashion and broadcasting, have you had any major challenge?
As you listen to my show, over each episode, you will observe that I interview guests from all works of life. My guests are from all parts of the world. As such, time differences sometimes could be challenging. However, I love the versatility of my show; as a result, I am enjoying it as well. Sometimes I am up at 1.00 am recording the show.

What keeps you going?
Knowing that people are recognizing their ‘Kairos Moments’ and seizing that opportunity to bring their dreams to life is the reason why I started this in the first place. It remains the sole driving force that keeps me going.
How would you cope with running your new show and keeping up with your popular fashion blog?
They won’t affect each other. I love fashion. Fashion styling is my Passion and Kairos Shoppers falls under that umbrella including our blog page, which will continue to run as usual. Kairos shoppers offer more services beyond blogging, and as such, business will continue to blossom as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment