Latest news, Entertainment news, Hot celebrity gist, Lasgidi exclusives, you ought to be wise, oh yes! Financial tips

Tuesday 8 April 2014

I Faced A Lot Of Challenge As Movie Maker -Lisa Omorodion

Omorodion 
Expert movie producer, Nollywood actress, Lisa Henry Omorodion, the CEO of Platinum Studios has become the most talented and gifted movie maker of her time to produce her first movie and indulging the celebrities both in movie and music industry, in the First Cut premiere. Generating exclusive awareness base-on her boldness and her level of thinking big. According to a chat with Samuel Abudule of Leadershipng recently, when asked the challenge she'd face in movie production, the actress said. "I faced a lot of challenge, but my greatest challenge was doing the job of a producer and an actress at the same time."

Since your movie premiere recently, what have you been up to?
Since My Movie Premiere, I’ve been pushing the movie out there and letting the world know there’s a new actress in town. I’ve also been approached with different movie scripts. So I should be on set from now working on other people’s movies.
The movie premiere, First Cut was a success, how do you feel?
Considering that one invested so much into the project putting one’s effort, time and a lot of cash into a project. And In the end to see it was all worth it, is an amazing feeling. First Cut is a movie about rape, betrayal and a treacherous love triangle.
What were the challenges you faced in producing this movie?
Producing a movie takes a lot of patience and determination. I faced a lot of challenge but my greatest challenge was doing the job of a producer and an actress at the same time. Trying to be a young leader and also leading by example wasn’t an easy task but with the help of God I pulled through.

Casting in First Cut was your first role, how were you able to interpret the difficult role as a child that was abused by her father?
For me, interpreting a movie role isn’t a challenge because I’ve been acting all my life and its a God-given gift. But the fact that I’ve been through a few traumatic experiences in my life helped me relate to the character in this movie even more. I just had to channel all that pain and emotion into giving a good performance.
What accolades and credits have you gotten based on your performance?
For now all those who attended my premiere exclaimed that my performance was remarkable and I assure you that when it’s out in the cinema everyone would understand why they did.
Did you nurse the dream of being an actress in the first place?
In the first place, I did not only nurse the dream but believed in the dream. I believe acting is what I am born to do. I didn’t stop even when all the odds were against me. I forged ahead and look at where my strong will has gotten me.
How was growing up for you?
I’m the fifth born in a family of six; four girls and two boys. I am blessed with a large family and as a child I was loved and pampered but my father believed in setting milestones. He taught us the value of serving before you could lead. He wanted us to experience regular life so that we can have value for money. Until I grew old enough to understand this, that was when I appreciated the lessons learned. And now I can enjoy the privileges of being a responsible young adult. Growing up, I also hinted my parents that I wanted to be an actor but coming from a responsible family, my parents were worried about the disadvantages of being a public figure. When the time was right, I was able to convince them. Right now I have my family’s 100% support.
What is Lisa Henry adding to Nollywood?
I’m very eager to make an impact in the industry the best way I can by being the best I can be at what I do and hopefully also be an inspiration to younger aspiring ones to follow their dreams.
What is your take on the movie industry in Nigeria and what can be done to sustain the positive things?
This is where my upbringing becomes a huge influence. Growing up my parents made me understand the importance of  self image. My father always said ‘a good name is better than riches’.  Knowing this, despite the challenges I will face in this industry, I will always strive to uphold my family name. I will never do or be part of anything to jeopardise that. Although no one is perfect but I pray everyday for guidance so that every step I take will lead me to the top.
How would you describe your personality?
I’m a very determined person, outgoing, I love being around my loved ones.
As a young lady and movie maker, what is your greatest fear?  
My greatest fear is acceptance. The life of an actress- cum- movie producer is a lot more like gambling than a rewarding occupation. I know it is going to be hard, harder than anything I’ve ever done. It is meant to be a lonely life but thank God I have the most amazing family. As an actress and a movie producer your every move is analysed, the world would make you feel like you are constantly in a competition not only with others but also yourself, you will be judged and misunderstood, and then you have to understand that not everyone will like you. To be an actress you have to develop a thick skin and also you must be ready to take the bitter with the sweet.
How would you describe your love life?
My love life? Right now I choose to focus on my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment